About the Company
Our client is a Canadian leader in the financial services sector. They are looking for a Senior Analyst, Financial Policy & Reporting who will assist with the preparation of the company’s financial statements.
Why Work Here
- Very progressive and collaborative corporate culture
- Lots of interactions with different offices across city the globe
About the Opportunity
- Prepare and coordinate the quarterly and annual publicly issued consolidated financial statements, including the financial statement note disclosures in accordance with International Financial Reporting Standards (“IFRS”), and Audit Committee presentation materials, as needed.
- Work closely with various departments that impact or contribute to the timely and accurate production of financial statements, to review and analyze supporting schedules and seek ways to improve current reporting efficiency and accuracy.
- Coordinate with the external auditors in the quarterly financial statement reviews and annual audit.
- Work with Accounting Policy and various other stakeholders across the organizations to assist with the implementation of new investment products, including reflecting the appropriate changes to the financial statement disclosures and presentation.
- Support process improvement initiatives to standardize and automate financial statements preparation and reporting processes.
- Perform tasks associated with the monthly general ledger close process, including working with upstream and downstream stakeholders for timely and accurate reporting.
- Develop and maintain proper documentation of financial reporting processes and controls including workflows, source of information, frequency and purpose of the processes.
- Support special projects, cross-functional initiatives, and/or ad hoc reporting, as assigned.
- 3 to 5 years' experience in financial reporting
- 2-3 years' experience in investment management, pension fund or financial services industry;
- Excellent understanding of IFRS and the ability to quickly grasp internal controls over financial reporting;
$85,000 - $90,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote #332320.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.