We are looking for an experienced Property Accountant to join our Toronto team. In addition to an excellent grasp and understanding of accounting, the right person should be analytical with accurate attention to detail, as well as, excellent communication skills
About the Opportunity
- Assists in ensuring month-end closings, preparation and entry of monthly journal entries, bank reconciliations and ensuring that maintenance of cash flow is being completed promptly and accurately.
- Prepare financial statements to ensure accuracy and investigate discrepancies to budget.
- Maintains balance sheet schedules for utilization in the correct reporting of monthly financials and reconciliation of balance sheet accounts.
- Responsible for communicating on a daily basis with property managers and third-party service providers (Board of Directors) to relay financial information as well as ensure understanding of various financial reports.
- Assist auditors in performing year-end audits of financial statements.
- Plan operating budget for property and coordinate with other departments to provide senior management and partners with accurate forecasts
- Preparation of financial statements for all underlying properties and entities
- Prepare variance analysis for P&L
- Month-end procedures to upkeep books; journal entries, calculate fees, run invoicing, etc.
- Build year-end file for audits and any other ad hoc request from management
- Build lender statements for respective properties
- Build budget schedules for property managers to complete
- Performs other tasks as directed by any person authorized to give such instructions or assignments.
- Minimum 2 -3 years accounting experience with Property Management/Real Estate knowledge
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or other related field is preferred for this position
- Professional Accounting designation program (CA, CGA, CMA, CPA) an asset
- Effective oral and written communication skills, and ability to develop and sustain cooperative working relationships
- Ability to allocate time effectively, work under pressure, handle multiple demands and competing priorities, and prioritize workload
- Computer Skills: intermediate to advanced skills in MS Office Suite and Constar Finance
$60,000 - $70,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #301727
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.