About the Opportunity
- Prepare and enter the monthly HST entries for the system
- Track the HST/ITC notices of assessment and match the receipt against the filing
- Assist with preparation of responses for CRA reviews of HST filings
- Assist with intercompany account reconciliations
- Assist with preparation of project updates for management and external stakeholders
- Assist with bank reconciliation preparation
- Track deposits on residential sales
- Assist with the closing statement of adjustments SOA
- Contact external lawyers to verify the adjustments
- Ensure that the closing SOA are properly calculated
- Assist with tracking the closing of units
- Inputting budget changes for residential projects into the accounting system
- Assist with month end/quarter end/year-end financial reporting
- Assist with requests for further information from financial reporting division
- Assist with reviewing or auditing project costs
- Other ad hoc projects, as necessary
- Post-secondary accounting education
- 3-5 years of Project accounting experience in real estate development environment preferred.
- CGA qualification, or equivalent accounting qualification is a plus
- Excellent computer skills, with proficiency in Excel, Microsoft Word and accounting software packages.
- Newstar experience a plus
- Excellent written and oral communication skills required.
- Good analytical skills, attention to detail, and capable of self-management and prioritization to ensure deadlines are met.
- Great team-player with a strong sense of responsibility
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #343125
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.