About the Opportunity
Session Leader Management:
- Selecting and training of new session leaders, including organizing and leading in-person or virtual training sessions
- Co-ordinating session leader availability for modules each semester
- Contracting session leaders for each module, each semester, based on student registration and evaluations of session leaders. Module workshops occur on weekends throughout the year
- Evaluating session leaders from a student and CPA Ontario perspective. This involves attending weekend module workshops (either in person or online) at least once per semester
- Uploading students onto the online learning platform (D2L).
- Monitoring student module workshop absences to help assess student eligibility to write the module-end examinations, and assisting with student questions and concerns, such as workshop accommodations
Oversight of the Pre-Certification Coordinator functions:
- Module workshop venue selection process (for in-person workshops which includes conducting site visits and signing contracts and invoices)
- Virtual workshop set-up, organization, and delivery
- Answering session leader and student questions
- Session leader contracting, invoicing, and payments
- Session leader evaluations
Working with a Pre-Certification Coordinator to receive accommodation requests:
- Reviewing and summarizing student requests
- Presenting cases internally and to a National Accommodation Advisory Panel (made up of representatives from the various CPA regional bodies across Canada)
- Communicating decisions to students and answering student questions on exam accommodations
- Working with the Exam Team to ensure the proper delivery of exams for this group of students
- Attendance at both virtual and in-person Ontario CPA Preparatory and PEP exams, including weekend exams, to assist with the administration and delivery of the exams while ensuring exam integrity
- Oversight of the Doctoral Studies Support Program
- Providing support and guidance to the Pre-Certification team
- Building and maintaining relationships with external parties, such as session leaders, student, post-secondary institutions, etc..
- Other ad hoc projects as required
- Successful completion of the CPA designation and a Member in Good Standing
- Up-to-date knowledge of the CPA Competency Map and accounting standards is highly preferred.
- Previous participation as a PEP Session Leader or Facilitator is an asset.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication (verbal and written), presentation, and relationship building skills
- Previous experience as a people/team manager
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment with strong organizational, time management and multi-tasking skills
- Proven decision making, judgement, problem solving, analytical and attention to accuracy and detail skills
- Excellent proficiency using the MS Office suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and Outlook)
- Previous experience with Salesforce and/or a Learning Management System is an asset
- Prior experience in an education environment is an asset
- Must have the flexibility and availability to work outside of standard business hours (this would include the ability to work on-site and/or to be “on call” some weekends)
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #299186.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.