About the Company
Our client is one of the leading financial institutions in Canada and is experiencing continuous growth. They are looking for a Manager to join a unique group of technical, analytical, and advisory services.
- This role is unique within the accounting space, a lot more analytical and thinking involved
- Visibility to the entire bank and exposure to senior executives
About the Opportunity
- Provide timely, accurate and value added technical accounting advisory services under IFRS to stakeholders
- Provide strategic direction and practical accounting advice on new accounting standards by understanding the objectives of the standard setting authorities and the objectives of the business units.
- Research and benchmark new accounting and reporting disclosure requirements from accounting standard-setting authorities
- Assist in the preparation of the external consolidated shareholder reports (MD&A, Financial statements and notes, Supplemental Financial Information Package)
- Coordinate and manage the monitoring, tracking and facilitation of periodic technical update presentations and materials relating to new accounting pronouncements
- Development, maintenance and interpretation of accounting policies
- Strong technical IFRS experience and with a keen interest in research and policy
- 5+ years of relevant financial accounting experience
- An understanding of asset/liability management concepts and goals
- Excellent communication skills
$90,000 - $105,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #27304.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.