About the Company
Our client is a global real estate asset manager. They are looking for a Manager of International Tax who will primarily involve assistance with the quarterly FAPI tax provision, tax authority audit activities and all other aspects of Canadian international tax support.
Why Work Here
- High exposure role and great opportunities for growth
- World class asset management company
- Fantastic boss that is an amazing leader and mentor
- Lots of interesting projects to be involved with
About the Opportunity
- Prepare the international tax component of the quarterly tax provision.
- Manage international tax audits and respond to tax queries from the Canada Revenue Agency.
- Work closely with external advisors and the domestic tax team to prepare the FAPI inclusions and deductions for tax compliance.
- Review investment committee memos, keep track of ongoing acquisitions and dispositions, and consider Canadian tax implications thereof.
- Collaborate with accounting, finance and legal to manage cash flows and intercompany loans.
- Analyze and document the Canadian tax implications of foreign affiliate transactions, including the review of financial statements and legal documents.
- Manage regular ad hoc questions and requests from various internal and external teams.
- Stay current with changing tax laws that may impact transactions and structures.
- CPA, CA
- 5 years of tax experience with at least 3 years of outbound international tax specialization in a large corporation, major accounting firm or law firm;
- Proven expertise in the Canadian Foreign Affiliate rules;
$110,000 - $120,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote # 326955.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.