About the Company
Our client is one of the largest and most respected music education institutions in the world. They are looking for a Manager of FP&A, Operations who will be responsible for providing oversight of the company’s general accounting functions, ensuring accurate and timely accounting and transactional financial processing
Why Work Here
- Close knit work environment, friendly atmosphere, supportive environment
- New and very tenured (Ranges from 1 to 15 years of tenure)
- Work within finance and cross- divisionally, lots of exposure to business and different teams within organization
About the Opportunity
- Assist the Controller in evaluating financial performance of the company’s departments and makes recommendations through insightful reporting on operational activities monthly.
- Utilizes financial models to analyze outcomes for financial and non-financial data
- Key metrics for unit costing of services from publishing and digital business units.
- Deep dive analysis including insight of data and review of the key drivers, providing profitability of sales units in publishing business of the company, and other departments.
- Leads and manages the Operational Accounting team, which includes accounts payable analysts and senior accountants.
- Directs and coordinates the general accounting operations of the company including maintenance of all accounting records, accounts payable, accounts receivable, tax compliance of 3 legal entities in accordance with the company accounting policies and not-for-profit GAAP.
- Assists with treasury functions such as monitoring of accounts receivable, accounts payable, corporate credit cards
- Ensures all compliance (governmental and non-governmental) and statutory reporting are accurately completed within the timelines provided.
- Work with Controller and ERP Specialist to identify, lead and deploy improvements in processes and tools within the finance department.
- Participates in the annual financial statement audit process and is responsible for managing audit deliverables in a timely manner.
- Support the budgeting, forecasting and financial planning process at the company through data collection, assumption setting, scenario analysis and target setting activities.
- Liaise with business unit leaders to ensure timely submission of inputs with high accuracy and adequate support for monthly financial reporting and annually on assumptions related to budgeting and forecasting.
- Partner with the Controller to continuously monitor reasonableness of business input costs and assumptions to ensure realistic reflection of future business objectives.
- Evaluate financial effectiveness of products and services offered within The company e-Commerce portfolio, provide recommendations for improved performance backed my relevant fact-based analysis.
- Work cross functionally with the different dotted line accountants within the company to provide value-added financial analysis supporting business decision making.
- Performs other job-relevant tasks when assigned and as required.
- 5+ years of experience in financial reporting, financial planning, budgeting, forecasting or analysis capacity. Experience of managing a team is a strong asset
- Strong understanding of products/channel revenue and expense allocation methodologies, while experience from logistics or manufacturing sector would be an advantage
$90,000 - $100,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote #313939.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.