About the Company
Our client has an exciting role at an energy company. They are looking for a Manager of Financial Reporting to join their Finance team!
Why Work Here
About the Opportunity
- Lots of room for growth
- Flexible working arrangements
- Strong total compensation plan
- Excellent company culture
- Complete financial consolidations and review of related account reconciliations
- Assist with managing the month-end close process and oversee corporate accounting journal entries
- Prepare financial statements quarterly and related disclosures annually (four sets of consolidated statements and two sets of unconsolidated financial statements)
- Liaise with key stakeholders to manage the preparation of accounting analysis (memos) under IFRS, as required
- Completion of IFRS 15 and IFRS 16 schedule and control documents
- Preparation and review of supporting schedules and files required by the external auditors, on annual basis
- Assist with maintaining a strong internal controls environment, by overseeing completion of controls and performing controls in line with the company’s policies
- Responsible for identifying areas for process improvements and initiating process remediation
- Preparing and updating internal policies and procedures where necessary
- Providing support for implementation of policies and procedures.
- Establish or recommend to management changes in control objectives and policies for the Company
- Preparation of audit schedule for annual audit and act as key point of contact with auditors
- Other responsibilities including assisting with strategic planning, providing accounting analysis for business cases, identifying new initiatives for analysis/improvement, and other matters bearing on the fiscal soundness and operating effectiveness of the Company.
- Additionally, the Manager, Financial Reporting will also be involved with overseeing a senior financial analyst and a financial analyst.
- CPA, CA
- 5+ years of related experience
- Previous industry experience and/or experience from a big four accounting firm is desired
- Financial reporting and accounting knowledge, with an emphasis on IFRS
- Strong understanding of accounting and experience with audits is preferred
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications, experience with Microsoft D365 Finance & Operations would be considered an asset
$120,000 - $125,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote #373679.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.