About the Company
Our client is a well-established energy and infrastructure company looking for a Manager of Tax and Treasury to join their team. This individual will focus on Canadian corporate and commodity tax, compliance, provision, and treasury duties.
Why Work Here
- Stable and high growth company
- Fantastic work/life balance within the finance department even during peak periods, flexibility with respect to working arrangements
- Lots of opportunities for growth
- Wonderful boss that has been with the company for 9 years
About the Opportunity
- Oversee the treasury function including banking relationships, cash planning/management and credit facilities compliance
- Prepare weekly cash forecast, rolling forecast and overall cash strategy for all companies
- Establish and manage intercompany funding requirements and strategy
- Maintain covenant compliance calculations and quarterly reporting to the bank and Infrastructure Ontario
- Manage and execute corporate interest rate hedges; recommend methodologies and strategies to manage risk and achieve corporate objectives.
- Ensure corporate and commodity tax compliance across all entities
- Manage relationships with external tax advisors to ensure compliance and timely and accurate filing of tax returns as well as SR&ED filings
- Ownership of the company’s tax provisions and related financial statement disclosures, prepare audit working papers
- Budget and forecast all treasury/debt and tax related items
- Manage annual insurance renewal, report on, and manage material claims
- Provide leadership and development of staff and all associated human resources activities for the area
- Manage an effective system of internal controls by ensuring sound accounting practices and procedures in accordance with IFRS
- 3+ years of Canadian corporate tax experience
- Working IFRS experience
- Commodity tax and treasury experience are strong assets
$105,000 - $120,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote # 28445.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.