About the Company
Our client is a leading GTA hospital. They are looking for a Manager, Financial Planning and Reporting . This exciting new role will be responsible for managing the hospitals operating budget, and leading the delivery of financial statement reporting to the leadership team.
Why Work Here
- Consistently named one of the GTA's top employers
- Very collaborative and supportive team.
- Opportunities to be a part of one of Toronto's premier healthcare providers.
About the Opportunity
- Manage the annual hospital-wide operating and capital budgeting processes and funding streams which involves extensive collaboration with key clinical units, administrative departments and external funding agencies.
- Manage and provide direction and guidance to staff within the Financial Reporting, Planning & Budgeting and Accounts Payable functional areas.
- Coordinate month-end close process to ensure timely and accurate financial reporting in accordance with Public Sector Accounting Standards and MIS guidelines, including oversight of all account reconciliations, accruals and adjusting entries.
- Develop and maintain central database of funding and service agreements to ensure dissemination of information to appropriate clinical areas and compliance reporting which is timely and internally consistent with budget, actual results and statistical submissions.
- Advise, train and educate Hospital staff at all levels regarding budgetary planning, information systems, MIS standard sand data quality.
- Work integrally with Decision Support Unit and program managers to achieve higher levels of performance and improved patient care through focused use of strategic information, resource measurement and evidenced-based decision-making.
- Liaise with multiple funding agencies
- Lead for all external audits, including coordination of year-end audit working paper preparation, compilation of financial statements and note disclosures in accordance with GAAP as applicable to Hospitals,
- Support clinical program areas in reviewing and analyzing monthly operating results and strategizing effective financial savings and controls.
- Monitor emerging accounting standards and implement as required.
- Develop and monitor internal controls in order to mitigate risk, ensure integrity and accuracy of financial information, especially as it affects Ministry reporting and funding.
- Overall responsibility for the Hospital’s financial systems including establishing and maintaining strong policies and procedures and communicating policy changes.
- Responsible for the hospital’s budgeting systems, Questica, lead the implementation and testing of new systems and system upgrades.
- Support the Director of Finance with board reporting, analysis and guidance to be used for strategic and operational initiatives.
- Participate in the implementation and testing of new financial information systems and system upgrades.
- Direct, mentor and coach staff to work cohesively and develop professionally to function at their full potential.
- Identify and recommend opportunities for increased efficiencies within the department and Hospital wide.
- 3-5 years of experience in related Finance leadership function, preferably in a hospital setting
- Knowledge of SAP financial reporting and Questica budgeting systems is desirable
- Advanced MS Office skills– Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook
$110,000 to $120,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #332830.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.