About the Company
Our client is a private high school home to a community of diverse students from Toronto and around the world . They are currently looking for a Finance Manager to direct the day to day corporate accounting and finance function for the school
Why Work Here
- Tremendous opportunity for career development. Clear pathway to become Controller.
- Growing school with plans to triple staff in 2 years
- Involvement with operational strategy in addition to being the key financial support for the school.
About the Opportunity
- Perform full-cycle accounting, including full AP and AR
- Account reconciliation such as revenue, intercompany, GL and bank
- Present monthly financial reporting to senior management
- Develop, streamline, and implement internal controls, accounting processes, month-end and year-end close procedures
- Provide ad hoc financial information to senior management by researching and analyzing data
- Manage and responsible for documentation of all financial transactions as part of monthly cycle
- Prepare balance sheets, profit and loss statements, and other reports as required
- Provide analysis and management of operational cash flow and effective tax strategies
- Review financial data for accuracy, correctness, and completeness
- Support Audit and Regulatory requirements
- Coordinate and manage financial year-end process with external auditor
- Management and mentorship of other staff members
- CPA Designation or in-progress
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in corporate accounting and reporting
- Knowledge of financial analysis and forecasting an asset
- Experience in a public accounting firm an asset
- Independent and self-start with strong career aspirations. You are a motivated and ambitious individual.
$80,000 to $100,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #329647.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.