About the Company
This is an exciting role at a large real estate company. Our client provides excellent work-life balance, a competitive compensation plan and benefits, and plenty of opportunity for professional development. This company is well-positioned for success, and this is a great opportunity to grow professionally. The culture is very dynamic where training and team support are fully integrated into this role.
About the Opportunity
- Oversee the overall accounting and financial operations cycle for the portfolio, including high-risk transactions and journal entries, trial balance review, budget-to-actual analysis, accounts payable, construction draw processing, capital calls and distributions, job costing, inventory, sales and costs of sales recognition, accounts receivable etc.
- Manage IT and financial reporting systems, oversee the general ledger and reports, design processes and reports to facilitate efficient operations and reporting, and oversee their implementation
- Lead, manage, provide training and mentorship to the accounting team members
- Review and set up appropriate accounting policies and oversee their continuous application
- Manage the preparation and review of monthly, quarterly and year-end financial reporting packages for the portfolio projects for Senior Management and partners
- Assist in the preparation of supporting schedules and continuities for quarterly and annual consolidated financial statements and note disclosures
- Coordinate quarterly reviews and year-end audits with external auditors, ensure compliance with the financial reporting requirements of partners as well as with regulatory requirements
- Assist with the budgeting and quarterly forecasting process for all the portfolio projects
- Participate in operational meetings with internal and external stakeholders and provide support to adjacent team as needed
- CPA (CA preferred)
- 5+ years of post-qualification experience
- Strong accounting background with experience in real estate development or construction
- Excellent communication skills
$100,000 - $105,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #24669.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.