The Junior Accountant will be joining a company whose mission is to make a difference in water. The firm has a track record of results, ambitious growth plans and a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
The Junior Accountant will be responsible for supporting the Controller in executing the day-to-day Finance operations of the firm. Specifically, the Junior Accountant will support the Controller with ongoing firm and fund compliance activities, including investor reporting, the audit and management of the firm’s books and records. The Accountant will also execute day-to-day Treasury functions such as expenses, Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable. The Junior Accountant will support the Controller where required with Finance-related fundraising initiatives, as well as with ad hoc projects focused on Tax and Audit.
About the Opportunity
- Support the firm’s Risk and Compliance Program. Includes support of reporting to limited partners and externally, delivery of the annual audit, management of overall books and records
- Support the Treasury function and Administration. Includes corporate expenses, month end wires, Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable, bank reconciliations and maintenance of the annual budget
- Support for Fundraising initiatives
- Execute on ad hoc projects in the Tax and Audit areas
- Degree in accounting, business, finance, or a related field
- Working towards a CPA designation
- Proven experience in a Finance role
- Experience in a fast-paced environment
- Curious and eager to learn
- Attention to Detail
- Communication Skills
- Organization Skills
- Strong analytical capabilities
$50,000 - $55,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #28287.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.