The Controller is responsible for supporting day-to-day accounting and financial reporting for our client. This role will support the Director of Finance in the preparation of monthly and quarterly financial statements, internal controls and external audit, as well as analyzing current accounting policies and recommending opportunities for process optimization. The Controller holds a CPA designation.
About the Opportunity
- Analyzing and reconciling certain balance sheet accounts, including but not limited to, provision accounts, Deferred Revenue, Investments, and Fixed Asset accounts, as well as ensuring that reconciling items are cleared in a timely manner. Reviewing and approving reconciliations prepared by other accounting staff
- Preparing and entering certain month-end journal entries and support schedules. Reviewing and approving journal entries prepared by other accounting staff
- Assisting with period-end closing procedures, including but not limited to ensuring the integration of the sub ledgers into the General Ledger are accurately completed
- Preparing HST returns and other government filings
- Working closely with Financial Analysts, Accounts Receivable team, and Accounts Payable team to ensure that all revenue and expenses are recorded in an accurate and timely manner
- Setting-up and maintaining new general ledger accounts, item codes, and tax codes in both the Accounting System and Salesforce
- Ad hoc projects as needed in supporting other accounting functions as well as participating on multi-disciplinary teams
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in Accounting and a CPA designation in good standing
- Experience managing staff is an asset
- Advanced skills in Excel and Office 365 is required; experience with VBA and Power BI is an asset
- Experience with database applications such as Dynamics CRM and/or Salesforce is preferred
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #28611.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.