About the Opportunity
Reporting to the Controller, the Financial Analyst will support a range of accounting activities related to inventory, commissions, financial computations, reconciliations, month/ year-ends, audits, and special projects.
- Prepare and develop inventory analysis reports, analyze variances on a regular basis and identify the root cause for the variance, communicate the issues and corrective actions to the involved parties, coordinate inventory counts and book them accurately to reconcile records, monitor inventory transactions regularly, ensure the existence and accurate valuation of all inventories and fixed assets, communicate results to the stakeholders
- Prepare the basis for sales commissions monthly based on the policy and related tasks. Collect data from various sources to construct the basis. Understand all facets of the commission policy, develop existing model to result in an efficient, consistent, and accurate output. Ensure all checks and balances are in place, identify and resolve pending issues by communicating with associated members
- Closely work with the Controller to develop models that help with decision making
- Assist in collecting financial data from various sources and generate reports
- Accruals and other journal entry postings. Accounts receivable analysis and reports, compute and book discounts and rebates accurately
- Reconcile and maintain routine or assigned accounting schedules (depreciation, prepaid expense, group company vendors, various balance sheet accounts, etc.), timely follow-up on any discrepancies
- Assist the Controller with day-to-day, month-end, audits or duties as assigned. Work on projects with other team members
- Ensure all deposits and payments are booked accurately daily
- General ledger accounts analysis – ensure timely and accurate accounting records and detailed analysis.
- Identify and help make the database uniform
- Respond to all queries and ensure filing of physical support timely
- Any other accounting/ finance/ special projects duties as assigned by the Controller
- CPA or CPA CFE
- 3+ years of relevant experience in inventory, variance analysis, reconciliations, month/year ends, audits
- Highly competent in the use of the MS Office (Word & Excel), Advanced level Excel is a must.
- High degree of accuracy, attention to detail and good record keeping.
- Proficient with accounting systems. Knowledge of working with ERP would be an asset
- Strong knowledge of accounting principles
- High level of time management and organizational skills, ability to prioritize
- Must take ownership of the position, strong work ethic and sense of responsibility and confidentiality
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both spoken and written, good team player
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Solution oriented, asks questions when task is not clear
- Demonstrate attention to details and good-record-keeping
- Ability to work independently and willingness to work extended hours (if necessary, during month/ year ends, audits, special projects)
$64,000 - $70,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #30154.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.