We are seeking a finance/accounting professional for the position of Financial Analyst. The individual will assist senior members of the Finance Team in providing support to various Business Units as well as assist with financial reporting. Our business is one in which building relationships and working with others on team plays an important role. The position requires a skilled verbal and written communicator with the confidence and polish to speak with senior executives, accountants, and colleagues.
About the Opportunity
- Assist with monthly financial accounting, including journal entries and financial analysis, to ensure timely and accurate reporting of monthly financial results for Business Units
- Prepare monthly financial reports including Income Statement
- Assist Senior Financial Analyst with the annual budget, along with quarterly revisions and monthly updates
- Maintain and update forecast models for multiple operating Divisions
- Track and report various monthly business indicators
- Liaise with the various Business Unit Managers to provide support as required
- Assist with the preparation of year-end working papers for Accounting and Tax audit
- Prepare account reconciliations including prepayment and accruals schedules on monthly basis
- Prepare monthly commissions schedule for payroll processing
- Prepare ad hoc financial analysis as required by Management
- Attained a Business/Finance degree (i.e. BBA, Comm. etc.) with preference given to those with relevant further study/designations (CPA)
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience working in a Finance/Accounting role
- Advanced skills and experience in MS Office Excel
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills with ability to adjust and respond professionally to changing priorities and ad hoc issues
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a proven ability to interact with all levels of management
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience with Great Plains accounting software an asset
$60,000 - $64,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #28790.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.