About the Opportunity
- Trade Spend Management – Will support the budget and ongoing latest estimate processes with respect to Trade Spend and identify any risks or opportunities vs. the budget. This role will be working directly with sales managers to consolidate trade spend estimates and assist in presenting information in a value-added manner. This role is also responsible for supporting the control environment around promotional requisitions, approvals and payments
- Trade Spend Automation – Will be responsible for ongoing system maintenance to ensure system and data integrity. Will add value by making recommendations to improve system and reporting effectiveness.
- Trade Spend Optimization – Will support the trade spend ROI process by providing financial and analytical support to his/her stakeholders and develop/enhance tools to ensure optimization of investments and profitability
- Improve Category and Customer Profitability – Collaborate with Sales and Marketing to support business decision making; assist with feasibility studies to support the Company’s Sales and Marketing initiatives; and use professional judgement and insight to improve category and customer profitability
- Report Meaningful Actionable Information – Support in developing KPI’s and dashboards to present to management and the executive team
- Other/Ad hoc - Assist in monthly operational reporting, special project assignments, collaborate with cross-functional teams and provide ad-hoc analysis when required
- 1-3 years (for FA title) OR 3-5 years (SFA title) in a Sales Finance business partnering role within CPG industry
- Business University Degree
- Strong knowledge of the Canadian retail industry (Food, Drug and Mass) as it relates to trade promotion spending
- Strong communication skills and experience working cross-functionally with Sales and/or Marketing
- Exceptional analytical skills, ability to dig into detail without losing sight of the big picture
- Strong business acumen and a proven track record for delivering results
- Excellent time management skills (ability to multitask and manage deadlines and multiple demands)
- Exceptional skills in Microsoft Office applications – an Excel expert Previous experience using a trade promotion management software is an asset
$55,000 - $70,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #28598.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.