ARE YOU LOOKING FOR AN ANALYST LOOKING FOR A NEW OPPORTUNITY? Our client is looking for a hardworking individual to join their fast-paced environment.
About the Company
Our client is a large retailer with stores located across Canada. This private company is looking to add a Financial Analyst to their finance team to be responsible for all aspects of the financial reporting.
Why Work Here
- Growing and successful company
- Smaller team, very friendly
- Fast-paced environment
- Open door policy and open concept layout
About the Opportunity
- Monthly journal entries, reconciliations and supporting working papers for areas responsible
- Manage roll forward and continuity schedules
- Assist with the recording of provisions impacting your areas of responsibility
- Business Partner throughout the organization to provide insights and to ensure that financial transactions are properly recorded
- Support the timely preparation and submission of the financial statements for both internal and external reporting
- Support Accounts Payable in the monthly reconciliation
- Monitor (compliance) and support Supply Chain and Retail Operations pertaining to Store and Inventory Control business processes
- Prepare inventory related reports to assist management in making informed business decisions
- Support continuous process improvement to the existing accounting processes and procedures
- Assist in the preparation of audit schedules as required during annual audit and working with the external auditors to complete their requirements
- Support the monthly forecast and annual budget process
- Perform timely variance analysis of actual to plan, prior year and forecast
- CPA or CPA In Progress
- 3+ years retail/CPG experience
- Experience in an inventory costing role
- Strong Excel, analytical and business process skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
$60,000 - $65,000/year (strongly dependent on candidate experience)
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #23972.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.
Lannick is the premier professional recruitment and staffing firm in the Greater Toronto Area. Founded in 1985, Lannick provides best-in-class finance, accounting and technology professionals at all roles and levels through its four divisions: Lannick Finance & Accounting, Pro Count Staffing, Lannick Technology, and Lannick Project Recruitment. Lannick places more than 1,300 candidates annually and is a preferred vendor for Canada’s most successful organizations. Learn more about Lannick, a Vaco company, at www.lannick.com.