About the Company
This is an exciting opportunity to join a leading software company who has expertise in operating businesses around the globe. They are seeking an Finance Manager to be involved in analysis, ad hoc projects, some reporting work, and post acquisition integration for future acquisitions.
Why Work Here
- Work for a great CPA, CA boss
- Good hours/work life balance
- Fast growing, best performing company on the TSX
About the Opportunity
- Prepare monthly / quarterly financial results and analysis for a portfolio of business units and present results to General Manager’s (GM’s) and the Portfolio Manager
- Assist GM’s in preparing quarterly and annual forecasts and strategic presentations
- Manage off-shore accounting team by performing analytical reviews, assist with treasury management, and help with technical accounting topics (as needed)
- Assist in financial integration of new business units
- Help assess profitability trends and assist in identifying cost savings opportunities for business units under management
- Assist in preparing quarter end deliverables and liaise with Vela Head Office throughout the close process
- Assist with M&A which includes due diligence, financial modelling and post-close integration support
- Assist in optimizing our use of data visualization tools within the financial reporting process (i.e., Tableau, Power BI, SAP analytics)
- Assist with complex accounting around critical accounting estimates such as acquisition accounting, foreign operations reporting, and software revenue recognition
- Assist with the preparation of quarterly tax provisions and annual filings
- 4+ years experience working in a progressive finance / accounting role
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and IFRS
- Software, Technology, media experience
$90,000 - $95,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote # 30599.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.