About the Company
Our client is a large financial services company. They are looking for Director of Investment Accounting & Operations.
Why Work Here
About the Opportunity
- Close-knit environment and team oriented
- Good work life balance
- Low turnover rate
- Plenty of Opportunity for growth
- Manage multiple systems and processes across investment operations, portfolio management and accounting, including integrations and data feeds between systems (ie: custodian, trade ops, accounting, etc).
- Provide guidance, ongoing coaching and feedback to direct reports; setting clear priorities and expectations to manage performance.
- Effectively project manage complex initiatives, related to Investments, including but not limited to system transitions and implementation, onboarding of new Investment strategies, regulatory changes, or accounting policy changes.
- Act as technical resource and expert on investments and derivatives, fostering an open-door and collaborative environment.
- Plan, direct and control the day-to-day operation and administration for Investments & Derivatives.
- Oversee portfolio reporting produced by external service providers and asset managers, including analytics, exposures, performance, and attribution.
- Provide oversight on direct reports to ensure complete and accurate reporting of Investments activities on a timely basis.
- Manage interim and annual audit processes; including but not limited to reconciliations, financial statement disclosures, MD&A disclosures, activity reports, variance reporting, etc.
- Manage schedules for regulatory capital reporting as it relates to Investments and Derivatives.
- Prepare monthly reporting slide deck for senior leadership team, inclusive of variance analytics
- Develop and maintain Investment risk management and reporting processes.
- Responsible for anticipating internal and external business challenges & regulatory issues and recommending process, product improvements as applicable.
- University Degree
- CPA Designation
- 5+ years of progressive experience in investment accounting and financial reporting
$125,000 - $140,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote #370619
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.