About the Company
Our client is a Crown organization. They are looking for a Director, Accounting & Financial Reporting to join their Finance team.
Why Work Here
- Great work life balance
- Company is growing
- Very close knit group
About the Opportunity
- Lead Shared services include GL Accounting, Capital & Cost Accounting, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll and Oracle Business Support
- Leads Accounting & Cost Accounting teams and AP, AR, and Payroll governance through policy and controls.
- Provides financial advisory support to Corporate departments to promote cost efficiency, cash management using data, analysis, trends, forecasting
- Provide strategic advice to senior management in the identification and resolution of contentious issues,
- Directly manages a large team of employees in a single work group or team performing related tasks
- Leads the annual year end close, external audit activities, and financial reporting requirements
- Represents Finance Division and liaison with vendors, customers, employees, contractors.
- Provides leadership with input from others to develop and deploy a strategic vision
- Develops and implements policies and procedures in compliance with Corporate
- Champions the improvements to Capital Asset Accounting Policies and Procedures,
- Develops and manages annual and long-term budgets and departmental/project staffing plans
- Provides approval/sign-off on procurement strategies, project work, cost estimates, design studies/plans prepared by internal staff/consultants;
- Negotiates contractual obligations and amendments with vendors
- Recommends process improvements and areas for cost savings in the development of procurement and tendering documents
- Creates a working environment that is aligned with the organization’s desire to be a “best company to work for”, ensuring that people resources possess the required skills, are properly aligned, and are provided with the resources to do the job
- 10+ years’ experience in progressive, senior leadership roles; preferably in Accounting & Reporting
- Experience with Controllership
- Experience managing large teams
- Experience from Services and or Infrastructure Industry is an asset!
Up to $185,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote #318117.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.