About the Company
Our client is a volumetric modular design build company. They are looking for a Controller who will be responsible for the financial and administrative aspects of the business including reporting, budgeting, forecasting and day-to day transactions to ensure that the financial objectives of the organization are met, and accounting procedures are carried out.
Currently in Mississauga, moving to Hamilton in early 2023. This is an in-office position.
Why Work Here
- Opportunity to lead the whole accounting department in a hands on position.
- Join a rapidly growing company and be a part of the growth.
About the Opportunity
- Monthly review of job cost activity to ensure consistent and proper coding.
- Prepare/review monthly financial reports, providing timely and accurate analysis of financial results and operating metrics.
- Coordinate with various departments to track and report projected cash needs for all projects and companies.
- Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the general ledger structure
- Ensure compliance with local, provincial, and federal reporting requirements.
- Responsible for accurate and complete accounting records and preparation of all monthly, quarterly, and yearly remittances, filings, obligations, etc. as may be required.
- Review and interpret financial statements and operations to facilitate better upper management decision making.
- Work with key members to ensure a clean and timely year end audit, including preparation of information required to create annual financial statements and tax returns through the accounting firm.
- Facilitate the monthly ECC (Estimated Cost to Complete) process with the respective department managers, incl. critical Job Cost / Cash flow review, and follow-up and -through with managers.
- Develop, implement, and manage adequate internal control procedures.
- Perform accounting research, make recommendations, provide financial support and advice (including interpretation of accounting policies) to management on business cases.
- Enhance finance processes to achieve financial goals and improve efficiency and profitability.
- Perform ad\hoc financial analysis (including “what-if” scenario analysis) as required to support business partners.
- Compile & improve financial & management reporting package including consolidation.
- Ability to prepare financial forecasts based on Project & Financial projections
- Manage and develop direct reports.
- Coordinate quarterly inventory counts.
- Communicating with the insurance company to control business risk.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- 7+ years of experience managing a finance department preferably in an owner managed manufacturing and or construction environment
- Proficiency in Excel; working knowledge of ERP Software
$100,000 - $120,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote #334025.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.