About the Company
Our client develops and commercializes blockchain-based business solutions and provides consulting services. They are looking for a Controller who will be involved with managing the accounting records of the company, including quarterly financials which are reviewed by the company’s auditors and annual financial statements which are audited and publicly reported
Why Work Here
- Work in a fast-growing, start-up environment ad gain a wide breadth of experience in many areas of the Accounting & Finance function.
- Work for a company that likes to promote from within and has the ability to provide stock options to employees of this level and above.
About the Opportunity
- Oversee the entire financial administration, including running the month-end and year-end closing process
- Prepare quarterly and annual financial statements
- Prepare and evaluate forecasts and budgets
- Coordinate with external auditors to complete quarterly review and annual audit of financial statements
- Project controlling, monitoring the financial and administrative status of existing and new projects
- Prepare ongoing tax filings (GST, PST, source deductions, etc.) and work with external accounting firm on annual filings
- Be involved with the invoice preparation and review process as well as overseeing the payroll and payment processing
- Ad hoc financial matters and improvement projects
- Onboard new hires and coordinate with benefits provider
- 5 years' work experience in an accounting role
- Experience with blockchain and cryptocurrency accounting issues is a bonus but not required
$90,000 - $110,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote #303923.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.