About the Company
Our client is a Group of Companies within the distribution industry. They are looking for a Controller to join their finance team responsible for overseeing all Finance & Accounting related activities for the portfolio companies.
Why Work Here
About the Opportunity
- Manage the accounting & financial reporting operations including the review of journal entries, accounts payable, accounts receivable and statutory reporting
- Monitor internal controls to ensure that accounting activities are in accordance with established legal, regulatory and company policies and procedures
- Prepare, analyze and present as required the monthly, quarterly and annual operating results for stakeholders as required
- Provide strategic analysis as required to drive improved decision making
- Provide advice and guidance on all accounting matters including impact, analysis and recommendation regarding upcoming accounting policy changes;
- Coordinate the year-end review and preparation of annual financial statements to deliver a seamless outcome
- Prepare tax and bank financial statements & external covenant reporting to financial institutions, ensuring that all reporting requirements are met
- Support new systems or project selections and implementation from a strategic finance and internal control perspective
- Compliance with all corporate tax requirements, both provincially and federally
- Ensure rapid and consistent collection of receivables by refining and implementing control mechanisms
- With input from the CFO, responsible for the formulation of accounting policies, procedures and controls
- Hiring, training, mentoring and supervising direct and indirect reports
- CPA (any)
- Minimum 5 years of relevant full cycle, corporate accounting experience
- Distribution, Manufacturing or other similar industry experience
- Supervisory experience
$90,000 - $110,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote # 29156.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.