About the Opportunity
The Billing Specialist is responsible for all aspects of the billing function, including processing orders, invoicing, collections, payment reconciliation, and application. This position also assists in other accounting functions as needed
- Prepare invoices to sponsors using NetSuite in accordance with the billing schedules and ensure all bills are accurate and complete and in accordance with contract terms
- Maintain and adjust the billing schedules for any new projects or amendments to existing projects
- Maintain and respond to any billing queries from internal staff sent through the general “billing” inbox
- Communicate and coordinate with project managers or project coordinators frequently to ensure sponsor invoices are reviewed and submitted in a timely manner
- Submit invoices to sponsors via online portals or emails and proactively ensure that invoices are approved by the sponsors and being paid out based on payment terms
- Follow up with overdue invoices with sponsors and perform collection activities
- Record payments and reconcile and research discrepancies to ensure accurate accounts receivable records
- Respond in a timely fashion to sponsor’s and project manager’s queries relating to sponsor account statements, invoices, payment status, or other billing/AR-related matters
- Maintain up-to-date sponsor records including billing address and key contacts in the company’s ERP system to ensure accurate and timely delivery of sponsor invoices as well as effective collection effort
- Maintain historical records of all invoices, reports, and payments by ensuring all documents are filed in accordance with company procedures
- Assist with the weekly cashflow forecasting process
- Assist with the internal and external audits and other compliance reporting tasks for sponsors
- A Bachelor's degree, with other certificates or professional designations will be preferred
- Minimum of five years highly relevant experience.
- Intermediate Excel skills with proficiency to analyze data is required.
- Experience using NetSuite is an asset.
- Detail-oriented with exceptional accuracy in work delivered.
- Meets deadlines and commitments.
- Customer and quality focused.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
$65,000 - $80,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #349967
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.