About the Company
Our client is engaged in the exploration, development, and production of mineral resource properties. This organization is in growth mode, located in downtown Toronto. They are looking for a Bilingual Senior Internal Auditor to be responsible for planning, executing, and reporting on financial, operational and other internal audit related activities.
- Very inclusive/collaborative environment
- Strong culture that rewards exceptional performance
- Strong mentorship opportunities
- Growing organization with a number of new exciting projects
About the Opportunity
- Provide input in the audit planning process to identify areas and processes that maximize the use of audit resource to enhance efficiency and effectiveness
- Liaise with enterprise risk management in the identification and prioritization of audit engagements
- Assist in setting the audit scope and plan; and taking responsibility for the overall execution of the audit engagement through wrap-up and final report delivery
- Conduct and lead audits of the financial, operational and compliance activities of operating mines, exploration sites and other business units
- Monitor costs related to compliance and implements recommendations to maximize operational efficiencies
- Engage with cross functional and technical engagement teams comprised of diverse backgrounds and skill sets
- Apply knowledge of best practices both observed in engagements and leading practice studies
- Propose new work approaches, methods, and policies to optimize performance and to ensure adherence to industry regulations and organizational standards
- Make recommendations for improvements and assure that the Company’s internal controls are effective and working as intended by working with the management team, site level management and liaising with finance and operating staff
- Coordinating with external auditors regarding internal controls
- 5+ years directly related experience in external and internal audit, SOXactivity or risk management
- Bilingual (English/French)
- Mining experience is an asset
$90,000 - $120,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #27879.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.