About the Opportunity
- Support the compilation of account and file inventory lists for the roll-out of the Global Reconciliation System
- Work with the external vendors to set up recon source file connectivity with the brokers and custodians; and resolve post-implementation account/file connectivity issues
- Lead discussions with the Reconciliation BAU team and the Operations team to establish Service Level Agreements for the target state recon service model
- Oversee and manage project plan and implementation checklist updates
- Coordinate testing activities with all test participants
- Maintain documentation and tracking of system enhancement and process improvement requests
- Coordinate training plans of the new platform
- Provide supports to the business-as-usual activities, including but not limited to, manage custodian issue/initiative logs and scorecard updates; support internal operational meetings with the Reconciliations teams and the business operations teams in middle and back offices
- Ability to establish priorities to meet tight and competing deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills and organizational skills
- Communicating effectively verbally and in writing
- Strong detailed orientation
- Ability to work well under pressure and actively follow up on deliverables and requests
- Strong knowledge of the reconciliations process
- Knowledge of a range of asset types, including equities, fixed income, derivatives, and how they are accounted for in the accounting book of records, booked in Bloomberg, Custodian books of records, and how they are represented in SWIFT messages.
- Understanding of Investment Operations and data needs through the trading lifecycle.
- Familiarity with Back and Middle Office functions as it relates in Wealth and Asset Management
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team in an international setting
- High proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Knowledge of Microsoft Visio is an asset
- Experience with SimCorp Dimension, Bloomberg and SWIFT (primarily MT535, MT940/950) is an asset
- University degree in Finance or Accounting with a minimum of ten years of relevant industry experience
- The Canadian Securities Course an asset
- Accounting designation an asset
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #27356.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.