About the Company
Our client is a medical research investment firm. They are looking for an Accounting & Tax Analyst to be accountable for various Accounting and Tax requirements for the Canadian legal entities.
Why Work Here
- Work for a global company with many offices worldwide
- Large company but family owned (private) so many opportunities for career advancement
- Very positive workforce and environment for people therefore there are many long-tenured employees
About the Opportunity
- Accountable for Intercompany processes and transactions for all CA legal entities. Complete the Secondary Business Invoicing billing process. Work closely with the Global Business Service Centre (GBSC) ensuring Intercompany Account Reconciliation system (ICAR) is correctly reflected. Key contact for Invoice track and price variances on Intercompany POs
- Accountable for the calculation and submission of tax remittances and documentation
- Responsible for the submission of payroll tax remittances
- Support in the collection of documentation in tax audits
- Provide back up to corporate income tax calculations
- Work closely with the GBSC on account reconciliations and action any local follow up required
- Support the month end and year end close process, including booking journal entries/accruals/provisions, running of SAP processes, oversee inventory counts and communicating with the GBSC
- Provide back up to the Senior Accounting Analyst on the month end close and audit requirements
- Support the Budget process (LTF and Outlook) including forecasting of centrally managed expense items, supporting Global system requirements and assist in the oversight of the process and submission requirements
- Financial Approver for new vendors and vendor changes
- Back up other Finance positions as required (eg. Credit release, Concur T&E processes)
- CPA Qualified or in-progress
- 2-4 years of related experience
- Strong knowledge in Microsoft Excel
$85,000 - $90,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote #283476.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.