About the Company
We are looking to hire a Full-Time VP, Software Engineering - POS/Payments (Remote) to join our client’s team! This is a remote position (the candidate can be anywhere in North America).
About the Opportunity
- We are looking for a hands-on VP of Engineering to build an Engineering organization for a high-growth tech startup that was incubated and proven within a very successful Canadian business
- The company has a new product in the SaaS / POS / Payments industry
- This candidate will be responsible for managing all aspects of software engineering-focused on product releases, engineering project management, product development, QA testing, SDLC processes, and engineering automation
- The current MVP product is in production and already has clients interested
You have experience:
- Selecting and implementing the technology stack for product development (post-MVP)
- Building the development team (most likely offshore with an existing proven vendor)
- Selecting vendors for 3rd party POS and Payments integration
- Set up and manage the development lifecycle for the products and teams, including QA and DevOps
- Managing engineering activities including planning, scheduling, resource allocation, design, development, testing and automation
- Act as the liaison between the Engineering team and all internal stakeholders
- Continually improve and optimize the product development process
- Implement software engineering best practices to create a robust, predictable, priority driven technology organization in an agile environment
- Manage the SDLC including requirements, architecture, design, planning, implementation, unit testing, code review, demos, and production deployment
- Grow the engineering team - attract, hire, and manage top talent while creating a great culture
- Develop and mentor upcoming leaders and key engineers
- Set goals and perform annual reviews of direct reports
- Provide goals and direction to direct reports and to their organizations
- Collaborate and provide essential help to key teams, including sales, customer support, product management and marketing
- Experience working with startups is a plus
- Experience building dev teams from the ground up is a huge bonus.
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote # 323826.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.