About the Company
Our client is a leader in the real estate industry. They are currently looking for a Senior Tax Analyst who will be responsible for ensuring compliance with regulatory bodies, with respect to all aspects of income tax and GST/HST/VAT with a high degree of accuracy and on a timely basis.
Why Work Here
- Comprehensive salary and benefits package
- One of the GTA’s Top Employers
- Very stable industry and company
About the Opportunity
- Compile and organize working papers to support various tax filings in an accurate and timely manner.
- Prepare income tax returns for various corporations and partnerships in all jurisdictions that we operate
- Compile and file monthly GST/HST returns using Canada Revenue Agency’s online netfile service
- Maintain monthly GST/HST and income tax instalment accounts, including reconciliations
- Respond to income tax and/or GST/HST/VAT audit queries from governing bodies in all jurisdictions
- Reconcile portfolio investment records with tax filings
- Track and maintain partnership adjusted cost base for internal and external partners
- Assist with structuring new joint ownership arrangements, including partnerships and joint ventures
- Research and identify green/sustainability tax credits, including Canadian SR&ED and US R&D claims
- Communicate and liaison with external partners concerning tax information
- Liaison with Regional and National finance team members
- Participate in special projects to support Regional and National management as required.
- Other related duties as assigned
- 5+ years of work experience in the finance/accounting industry preferred with an emphasis on tax.
- US tax experience is an asset
- Advanced working knowledge of computer programs, including the Office Suite (Work, Excel, etc.)
$85,000 - $100,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #332773.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.