Our client is looking for a Senior Financial Analyst for a 6-month contract to permanent opportunity.
Under the supervision of the Financial Reporting Manager, the Senior Financial Analyst will assist in the preparation of the quarterly/annual financial reports along with resolving technical accounting issues and work with IT and operations to design practical implementation plans.
About the Opportunity
- Prepare quarterly financial statements and disclosure notes for filing and external reporting
- Assist in developing quarterly Management Discussion and Analysis
- Prepare monthly financial statements for internal reporting
- Prepare monthly cash flow statement and provide analysis of cash flow
- Coordinate with external auditors to support quarterly reviews and the annual audit
- Research accounting and reporting standards under IFRS and US GAAP, to determine treatment of complex accounting issues and to assess the impact of these changes and manage the adoption of new standards
- Assist in the preparation of memorandums with respect to new IFRS and US GAAP accounting policies for the company and ensure existing memorandums are up-to-date when considering changes in the business and consistency amongst certain operating departments
- Work closely with Financial Reporting Manager and various accounting teams, operational departments, and the company’s auditors to support quarterly financial reporting and IFRS and US GAAP projects
- Support operations for any technical accounting queries, as required
- Special projects as required
- Undergraduate degree in accounting, finance or business administration. Professional Accounting Designation (CPA) or working towards it
- Minimum of 4-5 years of public accounting experience
- Strong knowledge of IFRS and US GAAP reporting standards
- Experience with the review of consolidated financial statements, note disclosures and MD&A
- Excellent written and verbal skills, ability to communicate and problem-solving skills
- A self-starter with an extremely strong attention to detail and a focus on meeting deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, solve and where appropriate, escalate issues
- Strong decision making, analytical skills, and qualitative and quantitative reasoning capabilities
- Proficiency with MS Office, specifically Word, Excel and Power Point
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #322926.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.