About the Company
Our client is a leading homebuilder in the real estate and construction industries. They are currently looking for a Senior Financial Analyst for this hands-on role involving collaboration with multiple partners and stakeholders including FP&A, Treasury and Tax, and JV reporting teams. The position is an exciting opportunity for a finance professional that excels in business process and controls development, as well as technical and complex accounting within dynamic and evolving environments.
Why Work Here
- Comprehensive salary and benefits package
- High-profile position within the Corporate Finance team
- Exposure to Senior Executives and the opportunity to have an influence on the direction of the business
- Very stable industry and company
About the Opportunity
- Perform monthly and quarterly consolidations using both ASPE and internal accounting methods
- Prepare all legal entity financial statements for all entities and develop processes to deliver all legal entity statements to tax/treasury to support tax compliance and filing processes
- Support FP&A and Treasury by compiling all data sets required to present financial results in MD&A, bondholder presentations, and debt compliance reporting
- Perform detailed reconciliations of equity accounts and investment balances, CTA, interest, and related party balances to ensure accuracy of consolidated and legal entity statements
- Work with the Manager of Financial Reporting, support the implementation of Onestream for all consolidated, legal and JV reporting functions:
- Data reconciliation, and implementation of workflow and control processes for consolidation, including system-based reconciliations, exception reports, and validation rules to ensure the completeness and accuracy of consolidated financial statements
- Implement legal entity reporting by transitioning all legal entity reporting from existing tools into Onestream, including reconciling historical data and developing system-based processes and controls to improve quality of data available to Tax and JV reporting teams
- Implement and perform high level reconciliations of all entity structures, data sets, and integrated systems (PBCS, JDE) to ensure ongoing and overall integrity of financial data
- CPA or close to completion
- Ideally from a Big 4 accounting firm or from industry with consolidations/JV accounting experience
- Real estate experience is an asset
$75,000 - $85,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #30099.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.