About the Company
Our client is in the P&C Insurance industry. They are looking for a Senior Financial Accountant.
Why Work Here
- Very competitive compensation and benefits package
- Work from home/office hybrid model
- Very supportive Management team
About the Opportunity
- Statutory Reporting
- Prepare quarterly and annual P&C-2 returns including supporting schedules.
- Complete premiums an claims data validation and annual reconciliation.
- Lead implementation of the new IFRS standards.
- Analyze an impact from the changes in the regulatory regime on solvency ratio.
- Prepare, analyze and report the weekly premium production position.
- Prepare and report the monthly income statement; review and validate for accuracy and consistency the completed financial statements.
- Ensure that all policy and claims transactions are processed in the system and process manual entries if required.
- Complete monthly account reconciliations for all balance sheet accounts.
- Provide external auditors with the information required for the interim and year end audits.
- Prepare premium and claims bordereau and payments, process monthly billing.
- Complete reinsurance exhibits for reinsurance broker.
- Complete and analyze P&L for each reinsurance type and prepare budget for the reinsurance cost with the assistance of the Group reinsurance team.
- Provide external auditors with the reinsurance contracts and schedules.
- Investment accounting
- Process monthly investment journals and prepare investment schedules.
- Monitor compliance of investment portfolio to the risk appetite statements.
- Assist the Controller during the planning season by coordinating the financial plan activities and providing year to date actual information premium and expense information to Regional VPs and cost centre owners.
- Internal controls
- Ensure that all policies, procedures and processes in the finance area are fully documented, reviewed and updated on an annual basis.
- 5+ year's experience working within the P&C insurance industry
- Knowledgeable of governing statutes, insurance regulations and OSFI guidelines
- Sound knowledge of automated financial and accounting reporting systems
Up to $95,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote #322360.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.