About the Opportunity
- Coordination with various lines of business for sales tax related information.
All aspects of sales tax compliance, including:
- Correct application of sales tax legislation and regulations across all business activities
- Preparation of GST/HST, QST and US sales tax returns
- Accurate and timely remittance of sales tax
- Perform transaction analysis to verify accuracy of sales tax data
- Investigate and resolve purchase order/invoice sales tax variances
- Assist with federal and provincial commodity tax audits
- Maintain thorough knowledge of sales tax legislation and regulations
- Maintain documentation of policies and procedures to ensure an efficient and effective sales tax compliance process
- Review draft contracts and agreements for appropriate sales tax clauses
- Provide sales tax-related guidance to special projects and assist with merger & acquisition activities
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Accounting designation (CPA) is preferred
- 3+ years’ tax experience in the interpretation of Canadian federal and provincial sales tax legislation to a variety of clients
- Familiarity with tax in an environment of multiple business activities or in a large corporate environment or equivalent experience in a public accounting firm
- Strong knowledge of Excel (i.e. pivot tables, V Look-up)
- Knowledge of, or experience with SAP, an asset
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #29338.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.