DO YOU HAVE EXPERIENCE WORKING IN A REAL ESTATE ENVIRONMENT? Our client is looking for a Senior Accountant of Financial Reporting for a full time role.
Senior Accountant, Financial Reporting
About the Opportunity
- Assist with the preparation of financial statements and working papers for auditors and participants, ensuring that they are completed on an accurate and timely basis in accordance with Company standards and policies, and satisfy the auditor’s needs
- Assist with the filing of corporate taxes for nominee corporations
- Assist with assessing the adequacy of the budgets that are used in the year-end process
- Assist with administrative duties supporting the financial reporting team
- Assist with compiling Joint Venture tax information used in the participant corporate filings
- Other ad-hoc projects as required by the financial reporting team from time to time
- Minimum 3 years of experience in an accounting or financial reporting capacity
- Public accounting experience is a must have for this opportunity; real estate industry experience is an asset (homebuilding, land development, commercial development and or property management)
- Knowledge of NewStar/Constellation Enterprise, Yardi, and/or Caseware is an asset
- Well organized with the ability to keep meticulous records and filing systems
- Self-motivated, energetic and the ability to multi-task without sacrificing the quality of work
- Highly detail oriented with an emphasis on accuracy and ability to focus on the task at hand
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- A team player with ability and desire to function as part of the financial reporting team in a fast paced environment
- Highly proficient in MS Windows, MS Excel and MS Word
- Excellent written and verbal communicative skills
- Understands the “big picture”, including working knowledge of financial and tax reporting in a real estate environment
- Ability to take ownership of the role, and meet deadlines as required
- Bachelor degree in accounting/finance
- Accounting designation or working towards (CPA,CA, CPA,CGA, CPA,CMA)
$60,000 - $70,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #17249.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.
Lannick is the premier professional recruitment and staffing firm in the Greater Toronto Area. Founded in 1985, Lannick provides best-in-class finance, accounting and technology professionals at all roles and levels through its three divisions: Lannick Finance & Accounting, Pro Count Staffing and Lannick Technology. Lannick places more than 1,000 candidates annually and is a preferred vendor for Canada’s most successful organizations. Learn more at www.lannick.com.
Better jobs. Better people. Better fit.