Our large financial institution client is looking client is looking for a Supervisor.
About the Opportunity
- Sustain a highly engaged team by providing effective management, leading by example, communicating direction, mentoring, performance management, coaching and developing direct reports; and empowering individuals to make decisions and be accountable for their actions
- Responsible for timely and accurate completion of team contributions to the annual activities such as property budgets, final operating cost recovery adjustments, annual property taxes, and property audits
- Participate in the planning process for timing and completion of annual and monthly activities including annual budgets, annual audits, annual operating cost recovery adjustments, annual property taxes, monthly cut-off schedules, and monthly reporting
- Review of monthly and annual direct team activities to ensure that desired results are achieved according to deadlines, accounting standards, standard operating procedures, and policies/requirements
- Directly manage a team of Property Accountants including planning, developing, providing overall guidance and direction, and training the team to success, while operating efficiently to ensure the needs of the business are met in a timely manner
- Responsible for timely completion of property accounting activities including month-end, quarter-end, year-end, operating cost audits, recoveries, budgets, and forecasts
- Proactively identify and analyze opportunities for improving quality, effectiveness, and efficiency of team deliveries, and take action to put solutions in place to achieve optimal results
- Liaise with property management, asset management, and other stakeholders and functional groups worldwide to ensure property accounting team is delivering responsive, top tier service as well as provide assistance and advice as required
- Work with internal and external auditors on operational and SOX control reviews and audits as well as audit working papers, financial statement audits, and operating cost audits for tenants
- Support with new property set up, analysis, and follow-up of complex and/or outstanding issues such as clearing balance sheet reconciliations as required
- Support with property onboarding and offboarding including helping to prepare final operating statements, distributions, tax reconciliation, bank accounts, and other acquisition and disposition related activities
- Review and approve financial accounting working papers to ensure effective property accounting including follow-ups and resolutions as required for best-in-class service and for both internal and external auditors
- Professional accounting designation (CPA) is required
- Experience managing a team
- Experience and exposure to commercial real estate experience back office operations, administration, accounting, and finance
- Experience working with a variety of real estate stakeholders including property management, asset management, auditors, and accountants
- Experience with enterprise level real estate systems is required, experience with Yardi is preferred
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #24730.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.