About The Opportunity
- Prepare financial statements for portfolio of properties
- Prepare and post journal entries for expense accruals, mortgage payments, etc.
- Code and approve utility / expenses and legal invoices for Accounts Payable
- GL coding for cheque deposits by Revenue Control
- Liaise with Property Manager, Asset Managers, Recovery Accountants, etc. and respond to inquiries
- Coordinate between departments (i.e., Tax department – interim and final tax bills, property assessment, etc.; Recovery Accounting department – monthly recovery calculations, tenant disputes, etc.)
- Plan and prepare Month-End reporting periods (pre-booking journal entries, accruing revenue for management fees, etc.)
- Review lease summaries for accuracy (i.e., rates, square footage) and to ensure proper accrual of tenant revenue not set up in JDE
- Prepare cheque requisitions for property taxes, GST, Promo Fund, etc
- Bank Reconciliations, GST Remittances, Revenue Forecasting, Cash Flow Statements
- Maintenance of Fixed Assets (set up and disposal of new assets)
- Prepare management reports
- Prepare Month-End reporting packages.
- Budget re-forecasting
- Prepare Statement of Adjustments for acquisition of properties
- Prepare and respond to inquiries for interim and annual audits
- Annual budget preparation
- Respond to questions regarding internal review (i.e., GROC, A/R, Percentage Rent)
- Other duties / projects as assigned
- College Diploma or University Degree in Finance or Accounting
- 2 – 3 years previous experience in Property Accounting
- Previous experience in preparing financial statements and working papers
- Proficient in Word, Excel and Outlook
- Excellent communication, customer service and problem solving skills
- Proven organizational skills and ability to cope with changing client needs
- Initiative and the ability to work independently and also as part of a team
- Experience with JD Edwards is considered an asset
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #336088.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.