About the Company
Our client, a financial services organization, is looking to hire for a Manager, Financial Reporting who will play a critical role in providing support with corporate financial statement preparation and notes as required for external reporting.
Why Work Here
- Strong mentorship and career development opportunities
- Opportunity to work for a Canadian founded company that has been for over 50+ years
- Low turnover and solid company culture
About the Opportunity
- Accountable for the quarterly and annual preparation of the external financial statements and notes for the company and its subsidiaries and submits the to the Corporate Secretary’s office for Board of Directors for approval
- Accountable for the annual and semi-annual preparation of financial statements and notes for the Company’s segregated funds and mutual funds.
- Oversee the translation of financial statements and Management Discussion & Analysis for posting on Company websites and SEDAR.
- Through collaboration with other departments, manages production of the Company’s Annual Report
- Research complex accounting standards and regulatory guidelines; participate in the impact assessment and adoption of new standards and guidelines and make recommendations to Senior/Executive Management
- Maintain the monthly, quarterly and annual financial reporting timetables
- Manage the financial reporting process to ensure compliance with all internal financial reporting and external regulatory filing deadlines
- Assist in the implementation and maintenance of a system of checks and controls designed to ensure the accuracy of all financial reporting deliverables
- Coordinate with external service providers and vendors relevant to the financial reporting processes
- Monitor and report to Senior Financial Management on service and quality levels of external service providers against target standards and timeframes
- Collaborate with external and internal auditors and assist in the timely delivery of auditor information requests
- Participate in the implementation of new IFRS, OSC, OSFI, CLHIA and other relevant financial reporting pronouncements and guidelines in order to satisfy all relevant financial reporting requirements
- Collaborate with management in the assessment of non-routine and complex accounting transactions and make recommendations with respect to accounting models and disclosure requirements
- Collaborate with the broader Finance team and other departments to implement financial reporting changes
- Conduct financial analyses and prepare reports and/or working papers to support financial reporting requirements and management decision making
- Develop and maintain the policy and procedure manuals for the financial reporting process
- Identify and implement approved process and control improvements
- Coach and mentor team members; identify employee training and development needs; participate in the hiring and employment processes for team members; set employee goals and objectives, manage employee performance
- 5+ years of professional work experience within the accounting and finance discipline, preferably in the insurance and/or investment management industry
- Expert knowledge of spreadsheet, database and word processing software
$90,000 - $115,000/ year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote # 322014.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role