About the Company
Our client is a provider of integrated wealth management services (tax advice, investment management, estate planning and financial statement preparation). They are looking for a Manager, Client Accounting Services who will review accounting files and personal, corporate, and trust tax returns as well as manage a team of staff accountants.
Why Work Here
About the Opportunity
- Close knit, supportive, family-oriented office
- Great work/life balance
- Proven track record of success
- Oversee and manage various compilation and tax engagements for companies who primarily hold significant investments through investment holding companies, partnerships, trusts, and charitable foundations.
- Mentor, motivate and coach team members in towards professional and personal development by setting clear expectations, providing feedback, and conducting performance reviews.
- Review of Federal, Ontario, & Quebec personal tax, corporation tax, partnership, and inter-vivos trust and estate tax returns along with T5/RL-3 and T4/RL-1 summaries & supplementary forms
- Review of Capital Dividend Account (CDA) balances, General Rate Income Pool (GRIP) Balances and Refundable Dividend Tax on Hand (RDTOH) balances
- Review of T3010 Charity Returns, Quebec TP-985.22 form. and GST/HST/QST returns.
- Review of T1135 foreign income verification disclosures
- Review of corporate, personal and trust tax estimates and annual tax instalments and coordination of remittances to respective governments.
- Review of Notices of Assessment and response to government Requests for Information (RFI)
- Lead the communication with clients and third parties with respect to preparing or gathering information and concerning remittances, instalments, progress of files, inquiries.
- Lead the regular billing of clients and review of client WIPS (work-in-process).
- CPA, CA Designation
- Minimum of 5+ years’ experience with at least two years in managing teams
- Public accounting experience with private enterprise clientele
- Excellent tax knowledge with experience in research and presenting recommendations is considered an asset
- Review of Corporate, Trust and Personal Tax Returns and an ability to prepare other provincial returns as required
- Experience with New CSRS 4200 and experience with the review of compilation engagements under the new rules
$95,000 - $115,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote #396942.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.