About the Company
Our client is an industry-leading Canadian real estate development company. They are looking for a Manager of Accounting who will be responsible for managing accounting and reporting for assigned Capital Developments projects requiring in-house project accounting responsibilities.
Why Work Here
- Opportunity to join a growing organization, with new and exciting projects in the pipeline (Closing 2 more developments in early 2022)
- Growth into a Controller position in the near future.
About the Opportunity
- Lead residential closings upon project completion and occupancy
- Reviewing project accounting function, including everyday accounting activities, month-end processes, financial and management reporting, and cash management
- Developing and maintaining timely and accurate financial reports for all Capital Developments projects
- Reviewing monthly bank account reconciliations
- Coordinating and reviewing the full cycle of accounts payable, including:
- Reviewing payable entries
- Reviewing loan draw documents
- Coordinating with project monitor and reviewing report
- Support Cheques issuing
- Responding to enquiries from vendors
- Vendor accounts reconciling
- Coordinating, reviewing and analyzing monthly construction progress billing invoices to ensure billing accuracy, fee reconciliation and ledger balance
- Preparing and reviewing monthly job costs and budget reporting
- Preparing and reviewing year-end financial reports and providing all information for external accountants for annual financial statements and tax filings
- Accounting and reconciliation for income producing assets
- Assist with leveraging full functionality of new construction and accounting system
- Ensuring all statutory requirements are met, including and GST/HST filings
- Assisting with special projects and ad hoc reporting as required
- Minimum 4-5 years of related accounting experience
- Residential Real Estate experience
- Experience closing residential buildings upon project completion an aset
- Deep understanding of Accounting Standards for Private Enterprises (ASPE)
$110,000 - $130,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote #301635.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.