About the Company
Our client is a supply chain partner located in Mississauga, Ontario, and they are looking to hire a Full-Time Java Developer/EDI Specialist to join their team.
About the Opportunity
- The Java Developer will provide end to end development for the client’s Electronic Data Interchange environment
- This EDI solution receives different file formats from various clients, and in order to transport the data to Canada Customs, the data needs to be transformed
- Java developed functions will do the initial transposition (converting files)
- The role does not require EDI experience, but a desire to learn and develop within an established EDI environment is preferred
- The developer will work with databases, EDI tools, within an Azure environment
- A strong understanding of SQL, how databases work, and how to convert files are appreciated
- Positive culture, embracing new tools/cloud technologies with Azure
- Work alongside a leader that promotes growth
- Opportunity to make an impact with creative solutions and architecture
- Experience with Java (versions 8-11) on Spring framework (Spring, Spring MVC, Spring Boot) with some Microservices exposure
- Strong understanding of creating and consuming web APIs to determine how systems can be integrated
- Experience with basic SQL querying
- Azure experience would be considered an asset
- Java 11 experience would be considered an asset
- Microservice experience would be considered an asset
- CI/CD Deployment experience would be considered an asset
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote # 298357.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.