About the Company
Our client is a reputable, global insurance company. They are looking to bring onboard an Internal Auditor.
Why Work Here
About the Opportunity
- Opportunity to join one the of top 10 reinsurers worldwide and make a real impact through a newly created position due to growth.
- Strong career development and progression opportunities available
- Flexible and progressive culture, with opportunity to work on a hybrid basis
- Competitive compensation package which includes a strong DCP matching program and strong bonus.
- Conducting risk-based audits of key business processes in accordance with professional standards for internal auditing to ensure that internal controls are appropriately designed and operating effectively
- Follow up of audit recommendations to ensure appropriate corrective action has been taken to resolve identified control deficiencies
- Planning and executing audits of the design and operating effectiveness of Internal Control over Financial Reporting (Sarbanes–Oxley 404 control testing)
- Assisting business units and functions to update their documentation of risks and controls
- Partnering with management to develop opportunities to strengthen internal controls and improve business processes
- Providing assurance over the design of controls for key areas of change prior to implementation
- Completing minimum 40 hours of company sponsored training in compliance with the department’s professional standards
- Assisting on special projects
- CIA, CPA or CISA, or willingness to work towards
- Approximately 2 years of experience in internal or external auditing
- Financial Services, Insurance, or similar industry experience is preferred
- Experience with SOX compliance is an asset
- Prior experience with analytics / visualization software would be an asset
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products
$80,000 - $95,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote #375523.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.