About the Company
Our client is a Canadian mining company. They are looking for a Director of Financial Reporting who will be responsible for the implementing best practices for the accurate and efficient accounting and external financial reporting in accordance with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS), and income tax compliance.
Why Work Here
About the Opportunity
- Friendly employee culture, promote cross-training, development opportunities
- Highly skilled team, passionate about their jobs
- Growing company, opportunity to develop and grow in role
- Managing the accounting and reporting team to ensure that work is accurate, timely and efficient. Management of the team includes ensuring excellent teamwork and that the team is motivated and develop
- Ensuring that accounting practices are in compliance with Company accounting policies, and procedures and internal controls, while encouraging continuous improvement
- Responsible for preparing accurate and timely quarterly consolidated financial statements and management discussion and analysis documents
- Management of team of four accountants ensuring cross training, mentorship and implementation of development opportunities.
- Overseeing technical accounting matters
- Compliance with income tax and other government filings
- Other responsibilities and matters as assigned by the Controller and/or CFO from time to time
- CPA, CA
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in in accounting/reporting role of a public company (parent company) reporting under IFRS, including supervision of staff
- Strong knowledge of IFRS
- Working knowledge of SAP strongly preferred
- Mining industry experience strongly preferred
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote #367120.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.