About the Company
Our client is a large holding company. They are looking for a Director, Financial Reporting who will focus on all aspects of preparing the complex global consolidation of a highly transactional, multinational public insurance company.
Why Work Here:
- Highly competent team
- Ample exposure to senior leadership
- Opportunity to grow within the organization
About the Opportunity
- Financial Reporting & Technical Accounting
- Determine consolidation structures, processes and prepare journal entries for acquisitions, divestitures, and corporate reorganizations initiated by Head Office.
- Review journal entries related to:
- Elimination of intercompany investments and transactions.
- Non-controlling interest allocations and transactions.
- Changes in ownership interests in consolidated investees.
- Share issuances, purchases, cancellations and stock compensation.
- Provide leadership and coaching to Financial Reporting Managers assisting with the preparation of the global consolidation.
- Provide guidance to subsidiaries on consolidation issues and reporting of special transactions.
- Prepare and/or review selected sections of the financial statements, note disclosures and MD&A of interim and annual reports to ensure reasonableness and proper accounting treatment, and maintain evidence of such preparation/review for SOX.
- Review the reporting of special transactions such as mergers and acquisitions, divestitures, reorganizations and debt or equity issuances.
- Prepare quarterly financial analyses for the Audit Committee.
- Provide guidance to the financial consolidation system (OneStream) team on setup of appropriate consolidation entities, accounts and data structures.
- Planning & Analysis
- Assist with the review of the consolidated annual fiscal plan and quarterly reforecasts and prepare summaries for the Board of Directors.
- Special Projects & Other
- Assist with the preparation and review of SOX documentation including the annual SOX plan, process walk-throughs, details of internal control activities and assessment of ICFR.
- Liaise with internal and external auditors and provide audit evidence as required.
- Participate in special projects and transactions (e.g. due diligence requirements, accounting standards implementation, accounting for acquisitions and divestitures, reorganizations, etc.) including performing accounting research and preparing or reviewing accounting memos.
- Currently at the Senior Manager or Director level
- Strong proficiency in Financial Reporting and Consolidations (IFRS or US GAAP)
- Coming from a larger public company
$160,000 - $180,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please no that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote #328021
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.