About the Company
This is a great opportunity to develop and utilize your skills in a rapidly growing cannabis company. As a key member of the Finance team, you will be responsible for providing leadership and a strategic vision in bringing the financial accounting and reporting teams together.
Why Work Here
- Professional but friendly
About the Opportunity
- Oversee the accounting operations including accounts receivable, accounts payable, general ledger, financial reporting, and payroll
- Provide technical accounting leadership, interpreting existing and proposed accounting guidance and communicating its impact on our business and financial statements
- Identify and communicate opportunities for change to improve internal controls, policies, and procedures to streamline operations and provide superior financial and operational reporting
- Manage timely and accurate balance sheet reconciliations
- Manage external auditors, ensuring records are maintained, organized, and comprehensive for the purposes of the annual review process
- Ensure complete and accurate tax compliance and tax accounting
- Support the CFO and leadership team on key financial decisions
- Conduct financial analysis for special projects, such as the acquisition of companies
- Designation (CPA, CA is an asset)
- 5+ years of relevant work experience
- Public company IFRS experience
- Strong technical accounting, writing memos and explaining technical accounting implication
- ERP implementation is an asset
$90,000 - $120,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #25157.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.