About the Company
Our client is a leading provider of commercial and residential construction services. They are currently looking for a Controller to lead and oversee the Accounting Department, providing oversight on reporting, budgeting, forecasting and day-to-day transactions.
Why Work Here
- Comprehensive salary and benefits package
- This is a new role due to the growth experienced by the company
- Opportunity to lead the whole accounting department in a hands-on role, and be a part of the growth
About the Opportunity
- Oversight of finance activities which includes financial reporting, budgeting, taxation & treasury
- Coordinate the close-off process and prepare monthly & yearly financial statements, related schedules & notes
- Setup & manage all treasury functions
- Prepare project cash flows & actively manage cash for projects
- Develop, implement & manage adequate internal control procedures
- Perform monthly cost reviews along with project management team & assist in developing Estimated Cost at Completion (ECAC)
- Coordinate & manage internal and external audits
- Maintain financial models for the projects to compute Effective Interest Rate and Interest Accretion
- Deal with project lenders, prepare draw requests & manage interest payments
- Deal with hedge providers, manage hedges & related payments, coordinate & manage related accounting & effectiveness tests and reporting
- Coordinate the preparation & filing of tax returns & manage tax audits
- Perform accounting research, make recommendations, provide financial support and advice (including interpretation of accounting policies) to management on business cases
- Enhance finance processes to achieve financial goals and improve efficiency and profitability
- Mentor & develop finance team
- Support preparation of financial presentations & analyses for the leadership team
- Perform ad-hoc financial analyses (including “what-if” scenario analysis) as required to support business partners
- CPA designation
- 7+ years of relevant hands-on accounting experience
- Experience within the Construction industry
- Experience supervising and mentoring staff
$100,000 - $120,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote #29795.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.