About the Opportunity
- Day to Day Investment Operations:
- Prepare trade tickets and accounting entries for investment activity.
- Facilitate investment closings by ensuring completeness of all necessary documentation and appropriate authorizations are in place.
- Reconcile investment level financial statements and information to internal accounting records.
- Review valuation reports and models to ensure that appropriate valuations are recognized/recorded and liaise with external vendors to satisfy queries/issues.
- Participate in Infrastructure solution implementation including data migration and testing/validation.
- Prepare routine and ad-hoc requests made by internal/external stakeholders.
- Prepare financial statement note support and reporting schedules for year-end purposes.
- Partner with various stakeholders (e.g. Performance, Data, Front Office, etc.,) to ensure quality reporting is produced on a timely basis.
- Liaise with external clients to meet information and reporting requirements.
- Provide assistance to other Private Market teams as needed
- Assist with new process development, adoption, and documentation in connection with the enhanced investment reporting project
- Coordinate with change management team to understand the implementation plan, ensuring key items are considered and highlighted
- Contribute to new process roll out workshops to ensure all key areas are covered and any issues flagged and addressed
- Assist with creation of new process documentation
- Assist with the development of new investment reports
- Other duties as assigned
- A university degree in Accounting, Business, Finance or a related discipline is required. CPA, CFA, and/or AACI designation (or working towards the designation) an asset.
- 5+ years of experience in investment management, with direct experience working in Investment Finance or Investment Operations. Experience in the asset management industry is preferred.
- Knowledge of Private Investments (Infrastructure, Private Equity, Real Estate and Private Debt) is preferred.
- Exceptional problem-solving and researching skills with a strong attention to detail.
- Strong accounting skills with an ability to interpret and understand financial statement information received from General Partners and third-party administrators.
- Ability to consistently deliver quality outputs in a fast-paced environment, with an ability to work to tight deadlines and the capability to handle multiple projects and ad-hoc requests simultaneously.
- Strong written communication skills with the ability to explain complex issues in a clear and compelling manner and present information to internal stakeholders.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with colleagues at all levels and cultivate key partnerships to work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders as well as third-party administrators.
- Demonstrated ability to be proactive and take initiative to understand, support and implement goals and objectives.
- Experience with system implementation an asset.
- Knowledge of accounting standards (IFRS, Pension Accounting) an asset.
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #339237.