About the Opportunity
- Reporting to Corporate Controller
- Responsible for preparation of the Company’s financial reporting, accounting policy research, maintenance of the Company’s general ledger, and related accounting practices
- Work closely with the Company’s external auditors, responds to audit requests and achieves effective resolutions
- Prepares the Company’s consolidated financial statements and notes, coordinates and contributes to management’s discussion and analysis, and drafts the quarterly summary report to the Chief Financial Officer
- Prepares the quarterly consolidation for the Company’s corporate entities; reviews the consolidations.
- Performs the accounting and prepares schedules to support the amounts for asset retirement obligations, equity, leases, derivatives, and complex accounting transactions
- Participates in the drafting of reports to the audit committee, and contributes to the annual information form and management information circular.
- Reviews the accounting for complex areas, including inventories, deferred stripping, cost of sales, and units of production depreciation
- Researches existing and new accounting pronouncements and assesses their impact
- 5-8 years of progressive accounting experience
- Experience with managing multiple, tight and competing deadlines in a public company setting
- Self-starter with a high attention to detail and an appreciation for seeing the big picture
- Mining experience gained in industry or as a manager on public mining company audits.
- CPA designation
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #29893.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.