About the Company
Our client is an industry leading professional services company in the natural resource and utility industry. Top performers are rewarded with advancement opportunities, financial incentives and the opportunity to work with some of the most successful financial executives. They are looking for a VP of Tax who will lead the Canadian tax function of the organization.
About the Opportunity
- Lead Canadian and international tax planning with a focus on cash repatriation strategies, reorganizations, and optimization transactions
- Lead and mentor Canadian tax staff; collaborate and coordinate with tax teams to facilitate consistency, best practices, and knowledge sharing
- Lead Canadian tax aspects of corporate debt and equity offerings and internal corporate reorganizations
- Lead Canadian tax structuring of investments
- Oversee Canadian compliance outsourcing, including domestic and international filings
- Oversee application of Canadian transfer pricing rules, obtaining relevant reports and documentation as required
- Oversee quarterly IFRS tax provision for the Canadian group
- Perform and review tax technical analysis on various matters affecting the business
- Review current Canadian tax basis, surplus and other account balances for subsidiaries
- Lead CRA and provincial audit processes, including oversight of responses to queries, use of in house and external counsel and assessment settlement
- CPA, CA with MTAX or In-Depth Tax
- 10 years corporate tax experience in a firm or in industry with a multinational corporate group
- Broad tax experience including: M&A, international, and domestic
$200,000 - $250,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote # 28932.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.