About the Company
Our client is a leading company offering insurance and risk management services. They are currently looking for a VP of Finance and Operations to oversee the Insurance, Operations, HR, and administrative functions for the organization.
Why Work Here
- Comprehensive salary and benefits package
- Very stable well run organization
- The role that is not just finance but also involved in the operations for the business as well
- Fantastic CEO who will mentor and develop this person with a succession plan to CEO
About the Opportunity
- Oversee/perform/supervise all accounting activities
- Oversee/perform/supervise all banking and cash management activity
- Oversee/perform/supervise calculation, preparation, and remittance of all provincial tax returns
- Complete all aspects of financial reporting; monthly financial working papers, quarterly Financial Reports, and Annual Financial Statements and Statutory Returns (P&C-1) to provincial regulators
- Present quarterly interim and annual financial results directly to the Audit Committee and Advisory Board
- Work directly with the appointed auditor, appointed actuary and investment manager on any matter in connection with the foregoing
- Advise and present recommendations to the Advisory Board on issues of surplus fund adequacy, distribution and overall surplus management
- Primary liaison and established transparent relationships with provincial regulatory authorities on all matters of regulatory compliance, licensing and taxation
- Assess and determine annual funding requirements that meet underwriting and financial objectives in consultation with our actuary
- Present and recommend annual premiums to the Advisory Board for approval ensuring equitable premium allocation among members
- Participates in reinsurance renewal strategy, review the final submission and deliver renewal presentation to both international and domestic underwriters
- Compile, maintain, and emit all underwriting records, premium rating information and notices
- Oversee/perform/supervise the issuance of Insurance policies to subscribers
- Provide front-line policyholder service to subscribers on matters of insurance coverage, policy changes, premium assessments and surplus management
- Provide strategic advice and support to the Chief Executive Officer in areas of organizational structure and strategic planning of the reciprocal to ensure stability and foster efficiency throughout the organization
- Any designation or MBA
- P&C insurance, reciprocal insurance, or mutual insurance experience
- PC1 filings experience
- Experience in Director level positions and up
$180,000 - $190,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote #29951.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.